Tuesday 28 December 2010

.Moving around the city.


The next question I ask myself is how am I going to get myself from place to place when im in city so with research here are a few options...


Yellow cabs are not in short supply in New York and is a popular way to get around, although everywhere is pretty easy to walk to due to the grid system I sure will be taking a cab just for the NY experience.



The NY city subway system is one of the world largest and cheapest, with a flat fare of $2.25 dollars.Trains are identified by numbers or letters and colour coded according to what lineon which they run. Local trains stop at every station and express trains stop at every major station. Stations are often named after the street on which they are located on and entrances are located by either a green and white globe (24hrs) or red and white globes (limited hours). So now I officially feel all clued up on the subway system and should be a bit of a pro when going down under.



The white and blue MTA buses are one of the best ways to travel across town and are an enjoyable way to go up or down town but be prepared for it not to be the fastest journey. To travel within the five boroughs the fare is $2.25 and to travel beyond the boroughs is $5.50, so it is cheap and cheerful so maybe the best options for a student alike me.



No comments:

Post a Comment